Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 155: Small Upgrades


We're tight on the budget now and can't run out to get too many furnishings just yet, so I was ecstatic to get this hand me down armoire! It actually came with Mark's bed set from when he was younger (pretty mature for a teenage kid, huh?). His dad has been keeping it until he was ready to have it back. Now is the time!



I really think it fills up the room a little more than our previous small table.




New Bedding


We had a few giftcards leftover from the wedding to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I looked there for bedding, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. So I cashed that thing in and headed out to TJ Maxx, Homegoods, and tuesday Morning...multiple times. I finally found the perfect white quilt at TJ Maxx last week. The white is beautiful and a little scary. So far, so good. Only one small spill..a little chocolate cake. I like to eat in bed :)

We got the coverlet in brown as a wedding gift, but I traded it in for blue :) I like that it has some shimmer to it. I think it works well with the shimmery curtains the previous owner left us. Still working on the pillows.


I really like the two different textures.


Oh..and we rearranged the room a bit. Still trying to decide if we like it better this way....

3 comments:

KellieBelle said...

We have the same bedspread in the chocolate brown. I <3 it!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love your bedding.... I love the quilt, particularly. I may have to be checking out TJ Maxx.

We had a hard time finding bedding at BB&Beyond, too.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love your bedding.... it looks so awesome. I really want that white quilt, although the dog would have that thing ruined quickly. Oh well.... I can still look at TJ Maxx, right?

We too had a hard time finding bedding at BB&B. I'm too picky.