Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Booo Halloween!

Mark and I was so excited to pass out candy tonight. We stock piled the candy, put together a Halloween playlist and worked frantically to decorate the house in the last hour before dark with whatever we could find around the house.

Total trick or treaters...3. My coworker who lives in the neighborhood was nice enough to bring his little ones by. We sat on our front porch like little kids, eyes lighting up every time someone turned on our street. But none of them stopped.


We even decided to walk over to our neighbors' houses to share candy and chat...they didn't answer the door. TV and lights were on. :(



I don't know what's going on with our street...but things have got to change. I've gotta figure out a way to make our street a little more neighborly! Any ideas on that?

As far as the trick or treaters, we had major competition with a Trunk or Treat at a local church less than a mile away. I'm sure that's where most went. But still... way to crush our dreams!

Here's a little video I took to try and capture our cool orangey glow house Mark whipped up. You can't get the full effect, but trust me, it was awesome. I'm very proud of his quick thinking and creativity!


On a cuter note...here's the baby niece and nephew all dressed up. (Morgan, lady bug; Caleb, batman) Mark's sister was sweet enough to send this over. I'm glad she did...we need a little cheering up!



We've decided to just throw our own party next year :)

Seriously, as I was finishing this, we JUST heard the door bell. hooray! trick or treater count is up to 5. That made my night! haha

Better luck next year...Happy Halloween yall!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Your night sounds like ours!! We carved pumpkins and bought tons of candy, and as of now...3 trick or treaters!! It's 10:40pm...I think it's time that we give up hope. :(

KellieBelle said...

Tissue paper, GREAT IDEA! Big points for Mark. Sorry about the lousy turnout, but now you can console yourselves with the candy!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Your sad face is making me sad, too.

We didn't have a t or ter come for the first whole hour. I was totally panicked. But, thankfully, then they came. If not, I would have had 300 pieces of candy to chow down on.