Friday, November 7, 2008

Big news....



I haven't officially announced it here, but most of you know by now. My company laid off about 40 people due to budget cuts about 2 weeks ago and I was one of them. (google Time Warner layoffs...lots of news on that) Today was my last day. I've really run the gamet of emotions since this happened. Crushed, angry, frustrated, and now I think I'm at a good place with it all. Afterall, I only graduated 2 years ago....I'm still a baby and have plenty of time to find my way.

I'm very sad to be leaving my coworkers though. I don't know how I'll replace such a good group. My department took me out for Mexican food and margaritas last week just to have some fun and laughs before I left. Kate joined us too! She left the company a couple of months ago. And now we'll be able to play all day! :)

from left: Kate, me, Dawn, Courtney and my boss, Sheryl

The production girls also gave me a sweet goodbye gift yesterday too. A former employee of the company started up the cutest stationary company Night Owl Papergoods, with a friend of his. They do lots of letterpress, but they've also started a line of wooden cards, notebooks, notepads and the like. I just love love their stuff. Their site is adorable. They really stick to the Owl them, they're based in Birmingham, OWLabama :D! Anyhow, they got me a notebook and notepad to jot down all my craft ideas that will make me millions :) I loove thoughtful gifts like that. Although, I doubt I'll ever be able to bring myself to write in them. They're just to darn cute to use!

Notebook





Notepad

I'm already on the job hunt. I had an interview yesterday and actually just got an email tonight to set up another one! I'm going to take this time to reevaluate what it is I want to do with my life. Take some time to give my etsy shop more attention and just get back to me.

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers during this time. I think we're going to be just fine!

No comments: