Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving pt. 2

Towards the end of the week, we hung around Old Alexandria. It's such a cute little town.














We stopped by a cute little bakery/coffee shop for some hot chocolate. I loved all of their fall cookies.



We stopped by a little candy shop called Candie's Candy. They had every flavor of saltwater taffy you could ever want! Annnd free samples :)





I was so excited when we just happened upon a Paper Source! I've stalked their website for years. I had no idea Alexandria had a store. I loved every single thing inside and was dying to buy everything! I refrained..my indecisiveness and poorness kept me from walking away with more than a couple of things.



We had lunch at Gadsby's Tavern. It's been open since the late 1700's. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are just a couple of the famous visitors.



We visited National Harbor in Alexandria for Bryan's birthday dinner. They had a massive Christmas tree!



After dinner Bryan, Ashlie, Mark and I took a water taxi back across the river. We waited an hour and a half to catch the last ride out at around 10pm. It was freezing outside and cost us $7 a person. It was worth it though! We were the only ones on board. It was really cool riding the river and seeing all the city lights.




Bryan's birthday cheesecake back at the hotel

On Thanksgiving day, we went to Arlington. I don't have many pictures there, but it was so moving. Very humbling to see so many graves and know that they all died giving their lives for our freedom. A good reminder of how much we have to be thankful for.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Josh and Elizabeth's apartment. A huge spread of delicious, fattening food, then headed back home on Friday.

It was a great trip!

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

That looks awesome. What a fun trip. I didn't even know a Paper Source store existed.

I tagged you on our blog. Get over there... NOW!