Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 90: We have a house!!

We closed on our house today! I haven't blogged about it just yet. I think I was afraid it would jinx it. All the papers are signed, we have our loan, it. is. ours! Our very own, super cute 62 rancher.



Well...in a month. With the interest rates being so unstable we decided to close a little early to lock in our rate. So the owners will be living there another month. We met one of the owners (the husband) at closing. He is super nice and we're so lucky to be buying from such a nice couple.

While we were waiting on the rest of our papers to come in, we picked his brain a bit. Of course Mark had lots of practical questions about the inner workings of the house, but I found out that we will only be the third owners! He told us that at their closing the older gentlemen had a few tears as he had built the house and lived there for over 30 years.

I also asked about the neighbors. There's an older lady that lives next door who saw our house being built! He told us she is very sweet and makes a mean batch of cookies. We'll have to schedule a bake-off :)

I love knowing the history of things and it's very special that we found out those little facts. It also makes me appreciate that we're moving into an older home instead of one that just went up.

House tour to come soon!

No comments: