Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 76: Some Holiday fun

I just started this thing, so I didn't get to cover valentine's day. Mark and I agreed not to swap gifts as we were/are in the middle of a pretty strict spending freeze trying to pay off the credit cards from the wedding + buying a house and all. :)

So I was really surprised when I came home on valentine's day to find a huge balloon tied to a red puppy stuffed animal (a previous vday gift) and a card. The card had a button attached that read "Perfect Wife".




It was very sweet. I was thankful, but I couldn't help ask how much he spent on that ginormous balloon. $15. $15!?! We even log soft drinks in our budget and they only run .55. I was floored and a little frustrated that he dropped that much on something that would be flat within the week. At least flowers looked and smelled pretty....lol. He tries and I love him for it. On the other hand, I felt a little awful. I've always put a good bit of thought into his presents and I hate that I totally dropped the ball this year. I didn't even get a card!



So I made up my mind to redeem myself with St. Patrick's Day. Enter the "Bag o' Irish Fun".



I figured he'd appreciate Irish beer than chocolate and romance anyhow. Turns out I was right! After getting his present, which I totally surprised him with, he asked if we could make this a tradition. He'd get me a gift for Vday and then a month later he would get a present for St. Patrick's.

Here he is with his gifts.

No comments: