Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 135: Catching up

We're back! I'm a year older and now a homeowner! I never would've imagined I would be 24 and own my very own house. but here we are!

The move was awful, of course..and we're still unpacking, but we are in heaven. The house is so awesome and I can't believe it's all ours!

Here are a few pictures from move-in weekend


The Uhaul and my sweet father-in-law who organized the truck. He's moved quite a few times in his life and knows his stuff! We didn't have one broken item. :)



A couple of our awesome helpers. Mark's sister Lindsey and her friend...college students who got up early on a Saturday for us!


Just a picture of some of the chaos at the apt...soo happy we're out of there!



Randy wasn't able to make it until later in the day. I'm glad he was able to help set up the beds because I was so over everything by that point in the day. He gave me a little break!



That Monday on my birthday, Mom and granny drove up to help us unpack and celebrate the big 24. Mom gave us this cute little housewarming basket!




We went to dinner that night, then back to the house for presents! Two huge things from my wishlist. A gocco and sewing machine! I can't wait to get the craft room up and running, so I can test them out!





Enough play, let's get to work. Granny on the shelf lining (notice the MESS on the counters. They also brought w/ them all of our wedding gifts that have been in storage at my grandmother's. SO much awesome stuff!)

And Mom on pantry duty :)



Granny mending a pillow



The next night we had a little grill out to finally take a chance to enjoy our house...



And we got to use our grill brander Mom got us at a shower. So much fun!


I'll leave you with these beautiful flowers granny got us in the pretty pitcher from Mom. :)



We are extremely blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who helped us with the move. Trust me, we could NOT have done it without you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Gocco! I'm so jealous! Let me know how awesome it is!