Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 146: Curb Appeal



We started working on the front of the house last weekend with the mailbox transformation. Late Sunday, I started painting the shutters. It was the project that would never end!

While I usually love red, we felt like our brick is just a little too red to have red shutters too. We went with black to have a stronger contrast. From what I could tell, our shutters have been repainted at least 3 times. I could tell by all the oops' spots on the brick around them. They were painted so much that it was impossible to take them down to paint, so I had to wrangle the bushes with our ladder, hold the craziest positions, and be eaten alive by buggies.

But I've gotta say...I really think it was worth it.

I also trimmed the bushes, repainted the window boxes, planted some flowers (hope they can stay alive) and Mark cut the grass.

Before:






After:




There are still a few things we'd like to do, but I think we've already made some pretty big improvements!

No comments: