Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 109: Dreaming of a White Kitchen

I sort of have a white obsession these days as far as home decor goes. I'm just drawn to it. So of course, the first big house project in my mind is paint our kitchen cabinets white! I mentioned this to Mark who claims he loves the brown (since when does he have an opinion in decorating?)

I've been saving pictures with white cabinets for a while now so I could give him a visual. I was fully prepared to have a sit down discussion with him and really argue my case. Last night after showing him these pictures, he was convinced. Somehow, I found a very similar kitchen (layout, counter tops, etc) and he could really picture it!

Kitchen now....pretty, but a little too dark


With white cabinetry and a lighter wall color. Wouldn't it look so much brighter and cheery?



I hope this is a project we can do soon!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I'll admit...I'm normally not a fan of white cabinets. But I love those pictures you found! And it's kinda freaky how similar that kitchen layout is to yours! :)

Anonymous said...

I think the white cabinets are going to look fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Stephanie said...

white seems more modern than brown... i like it.

tiffburgess said...

You should definitely go white -- or light blue or yellow! very cottage!