Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 100: How could I forget??

We went to Wings tonight for Mark's sister's boyfriend's going away party...We like to just call him Jeremy :)

He's moving out to Texas for business (we'll miss you jdawg!) and he wanted to get together for one last hoorah. They had some good jams going...one of which was Blink 182's 'What's my Age Again?' An old classic I'm sure we all remember.

I sat singing my little head off and when the lyrics 'nobody likes you when you're 23' came around a little light bulb went off. I remember when I was totally digging this song wayy back in the day, promising myself that when I turned 23, I would so sing that song. It would be my little anthem b/c I would be a cool 23.

Here it is..exactly 3 weeks from my 24th birthday and I just remembered!

15 y.o. Lauren, I'm sorry I let you down. Thank goodness I caught it before it was too late!

For your pleasure and in celebration of the last 3 weeks of my 23rd year....



p.s. happy 100 days to me and mark!

3 comments:

Tyler and Carmen said...

That song takes me back!

I am now 24 so I hope I was a cool 23!

Emily Ann said...

Ok, I'll make it up to the 15 year old Lauren, I'll be a cool 23 for you!

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read this because for the past couple of years I have always had a song for my birthday that talked about being whatever age that was.